Complaint: July 31st 2011 Sean Bradley, a 3 year old little boy from Medford NJ was at the Chartwell Swim club playing in the pool and slipped and started to go under. He was beginning to drown and his grandmother (Who DOES NOT Swim & was Not wearing swim clothes) was watching him. She started to scream as she saw her grandson going under the water swallowing water. Little Seans Aunt Kathy saw this from maybe 1-2 feet away from the pool. She jumped in the water fully clothed to save her nephew. What is surreal about this story is that the Chartwell lifeguard on staff was ASLEEP! Yes, I said ASLEEP! She happened to doze off at her post. She didnt DO ANYTHING throughout the Almost Drowning & the rescue. The life guards name is Lindsey and Lindsey was immediately terminated after the parents expressed their utter disbelief at the situation. Lindseys excuse was that she was tired and that the Chartwell facility had her working too many hours!! Sharon Damiano, manager at Chartwell is quoted as saying that Lindsey was Weird and most of the other employees at Chartwell did Not like her at all and didnt associate with her because she was weird. Sharon went on to say that Lindsey being tired and working a lot of hours is no excuse to sleep at her post. Sharon stated that she sometimes works 10 plus hours and she doesnt fall asleep at her post. What is even more disturbing is that this is not the first time this season of the Pool having a life guard fall asleep at his post. About 5 weeks ago Jake, a life guard at Chartwell fell asleep at his post and a concerned parent notified the facility of the breach in safety. Sharon Damiano was the manager who confronted Jake. But unlike Lindsey, he was NOT terminated. The parents of Sean Bradley recorded the whole conversation with Sharon Damiano in regards to the fact that Chartwell has had 2 serious situations of 2 different life guards FALL ASLEEP at their posts. When asked by Mr. Bradley (Seans father) how she would feel if the tables were turned and she paid for a membership to a pool club and her son ALMOST DIED and the people you pay to protect your family are SLEEPING on the job LITERALLY! She said that she would be FREAKING OUT WORSE than You (Mr. Bradley). This is VERY SERIOUS. We have to protect people and especially little Children. It is unacceptable to have EVEN one life guard FALL ASLEEP at their post! So to have 2 DIFFEREJNT life guards fall asleep at their posts is a travesty and this needs to be addressed ASAP!
Tags: Clubs & Organizations
Address: 136 Paragon Avenue Marlton, NJ 08053 Marlgon, New Jersey United States of America