Home Pro Florida pinellas Florida

Complaint: My wife and I Decided to have a sunroom built onto our home and made the big mistake of hiring Home-Pro of Florida to build it. We called several different companies and got estimates, which were all close to each other in price. We picked Home-Pro to build it because they were the company with an A- rating from the BBB (Better Buissness Bearu) Their salesman came to our house and showed us pictures of different models they can build. We picked out a color, the one we felt would match the design of our home the best and expressed our need for it to be wheelchair accessible into and out of our home. (I’m disabled) We also wanted the new roof to match our existing roof which had shingles on it, their salesman agreed and said yes to all of our request’s (lie). Their contract read that they would do 95% of the work and then collect 95% of the money, their salesman said that meant the job would be finished to our satisfaction,(lie) and that the remaining 5% was all paperwork that they would have to file in order to satisfy the county. (lie) So we agreed on a start and finish date (2 weeks) (lie) and signed their contract. After that we were contacted by another liar from their company (tom) to shedule the work and go over the payment schedule. He said they would install the slab ,walls, and roof and then we would pay 95% the total bill, the remaing work included-electrical, a/c, tile, wheelchair ramps, drywall, baseboard trim. I strongly dissagreed, next he put Dave Houpt on the phone, who said he was the owner and was very pushy and pointed out that we signed a contract and we both needed to move forward. I agreed to pay 50% up front and then 50% upon completion, which he agreed to, problem solved or so i thought. The job started and after 2 weeks they were no where near finished. The concrete floor was way off from level, the color was not the one we picked out, the roof was white metal with bolts sticking out everywhere with globs of caulk trying to cover the bolts. I asked how were they going to put shingles over bolts and they said there were no shingles on their work order, or tile, or drywall, or trim, we said we are not paying a dime more until it’s all finished!!!!! Next Dave Houpt calls and gets into a shouting match with my wife and then pulls his guys off the job and shuts the job down. Next his brother Steve calls and says Dave is only one of the owners, and Steve much calmer and appoligizes for his brothers behavior and says he is taking over the job, and the guys will get everything done no problem. I asked about the roof shingles and he said they were’nt on the contract but that his dad, Al Houpt (The Owner) would be out to talk to us about finishing the job. Al then showed up and informed us that we signed a contract that said nothing about shingles or drywall, or tile.We told him that we had discussed that with the salesman and he said he did’nt care what was discussed. He then said he would put shingles on the roof but would not do any ramps at all. He also wanted a check to pay his guys so they could have christmas, and if we did’nt agree he was going to shut the job down, and go to his attourney and file a lien against our property and start the forclosure process. We then said we have an attourney too and he said “The home owner always looses”” and we said we would call the news and he said “”Go right ahead

Tags: Builders & Contractors

Address: we’ve built several for their employees

Website: i had no access to because of no ramps for my wheelchair

Phone: they love us”” Long story short

Share Review:
Yes it is. Based on the user review published on YScam.com, it is strongly advised to avoid Home Pro Florida pinellas Florida in any dealing and transaction.
Not really. In spite of the review published here, there has been no response from Home Pro Florida pinellas Florida. Lack of accountability is a major factor in determining trust.
Because unlike YScam.com, other websites get paid to remove negative reviews and replace them with fake positive ones.
Home Pro Florida pinellas Florida is rated 1 out of 5 based on the complaints submitted by our users and is marked as POOR.
Never trust websites which offer a shady ‘advocacy package’ to businesses. Search for relevant reviews on Ripoff Report and Pissed Consumer to see more unbiased complaints.
The above complaints and comments against Home Pro Florida pinellas Florida were submitted by YScam.com user(s) and have been published as-is. YScam.com does not edit, alter or remove content published by it’s users. There’s no amount of money a business can pay to manipulate their complaints and YScam.com will NOT entertain any request to remove the complaint on Home Pro Florida pinellas Florida at any cost whatsoever.
>