I am going to scream from the rafters to everyone and anyone who will listen about the horrors of this hotel, until something is done about it! The curtains were covered in MOLD. The broken AC was covered in MOLD. The Carpet was so old and dirty it was crusty, the furniture is curb side trash finds with stains all over it. There was a dirt ring in the tub, soap scum on the shower wall. This hotel needs to be investigated by the health department and a building inspector as soon as possible, before some one is deathly ill from the filth. nI planned a surprise vacation for my husband for Valentines Day Weekend to go to the Daytona 500. I heavily researched the hotels available on line before purchasing and the web site and photos lead me to believe that while the hotel it is old, and is economy class, it would at least be a clean and that for approximately $178 per night it would not be a brothel. When we arrived, we walked into the front lobby and were greeted with a horrendous smell of mildew, and rot. The elderly woman behind the counter was nice, as she checked us in, she proudly proclaimed that you will love room 107, it is the second nicest room in the whole building we took the keys and headed to the room, it was one the first floor. nWhen we opened the door we were greeted with the same putrid smell of the lobby, carpet that is clearly original to the 1950’s hotel covered in stains and dirt, and furniture that at a glance was the equivalent of curb side trash. We could not tolerate the smell, and that the employees were clearly immune to it since the lobby smelled as bad as our room, so we decided to walk to the nearest pharmacy and purchase some Lysol and Febreeze ($12). We returned to the room, and proceeded to spray everything. nAt this time we were able to inspect the room closer and discovered that the filth was much worse than we originally thought. There was a dirt ring in the tub, the AC didn’t work, and the AC Grate and Curtains were covered in MOLD. (I have photos). Unable to cope with the room we decided to go to the beach and we discovered that our bolt on the door didn’t lock, so we put all our belongings back in the car until we returned; the pool area and the furniture were badly stained and filthy. The rear exterior of the building was in serious need of repairs, with rotting soffits and peeling (probably lead based) paint. We made every effort to avoid the horror of our room all evening. We returned at approximately midnight and were awakened at 3:00 to guests vomiting in the pool, other guests screaming at each other and some poor person got thrown in the pool with the vomit. We were unable to go back to sleep, so we lay awake till 5:00 am and packed our stuff, put it in the car and went walking around Daytona in the dark because we just couldn’t take it anymore. We spent the day at the race that we had looked forward to exhausted, and suffering from sinus headaches that I am convinced was caused by breathing mold. Our Vacation was Ruined by this hotel! nCandynPinellas Park, FloridaU.S.A.
500 N. Atlantic Ave Daytona Beach, Florida U.S.A.